Thursday, August 22, 2013

REFLECTIONS ON WEEK ONE

1.) I do get worried when I learn that class relies on computer access a lot because for some reason my family has always had the worst luck when it comes to any piece of technology we have ever owned. I recently moved so I haven't had any access to a personal computer, but when I do it will be alot easier. I do have a smartphone too for backup which will definitely come in handy. This is also the first year that both of my parents are working at the same time so a lot of responsibilities that I've never had to take on are now in  my hands with helping taking care of my little siblings and getting them ready for school, etc. It's been tricky at first but once we all get used to this change it will be managable.

2.) The best learning experience I was lucky enough to be a part of was taking honors english my 7th grade year. I had the most amazing teacher, Mz Byrne, who single handedly changed my outlook on writing. I went into her class very insecure with my writing skills and I absolutely hated it. With the help of Mz Byrne, by the end of the year I learned so much, not only about my writing but about myself as well.

3.) I am most excited about working on my writing skills and also just being apart of your different way of teaching and experiencing writing expository from a whole different outlook. I still get frustrated sometimes while writing, and I know that this class is going to help a ton. I'm most excited for this to show a difference in my writing while applying to colleges which is going to include writing essay after essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment