Tuesday, November 5, 2013

7 TIMES

     After reading and hearing about this horrible  tragedy, my feelings toward this awful news were shared with Erica's view on what had happened. This shooting of an innocent little boy breaks my heart and really leaves me questioning the world we live in and why these sorts of things are becoming more common, and why people do what they do. Its hard to believe that an officer would feel threatened by such a young child and it's also just as surprising to me that it wasn't obvious that the gun held by the little boy was a fake one and could cause no harm. My opinion on this was changed when I saw a picture of the toy gun held to a real one and the similarities were more than the differences. It still does not justify in my mind why the boy was shot 7 times. If they really did feel the need to shoot, why was once not enough? This is the same question Erica had asked over and over and I think a lot others would carry this question after learning about this tragedy. Some could argue whether shooting at all was the right decision or not, but I would hope to find that most people found 7 shots to be an unreasonable amount. Was it an act of racism? Erica draws the conclusion that the shooting was not okay.She also mentions that the racial issue is actually not the real issue here, the real issue is how one person can possibly find it in them to shoot another person 7 times. Javi's essay takes a much more neutral approach stating more facts than feeling which is what Erica focused on.

No comments:

Post a Comment