Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I, ENTREPRENEUR

Ellen Degeneres most definitely is an entrepreneur, after our class discussion there is no doubt in my mind. She provides a huge service to the whole world with her television talk show. Her show has made a difference in so many different people's lives. Just watching her one hour show each day can turn someone's whole day around. People watch her throughout hard times to provide a little bit of light in what may be dark days. She helps so many others and is always giving back. She worked her whole life to build what is now one of the most popular and admired television shows. I however would not say that I, myself, am an entrepreneur... at least not yet anyways. I haven't provided a product or an idea or service desired by others. Hopefully one day, I will be able to say that I have. When you hear the word entrepreneurship you think of large, successful, well-known businesses and that is not always the case. Anyone who takes an idea and turns it into something greater, something to benefit others is an entrepreneur and I believe that is what needs to change in how our culture perceives it.

No comments:

Post a Comment