Wednesday, January 8, 2014

HACKING MY EDUCATION

Whenever we discuss hacking this course with our personal interests and taking our education into our own hands I become so overwhelmed. Some have such clear ideas about what they want to do and where they want to go and what they can do to get there and I still haven't figured all of that out yet. There's tons that I want to do and so much that catches my interest but I'm not sure that I've found my passion yet. I get so anxious because I'd like more than anything to have this all figured out but that's not the case. My plan is to really think hard about what I can do in this particular course that is going to help me in the long run, and maybe even help me put an end to all of my doubt.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. Suggestion: forget about outcomes, goals, and career, and focus on what you want to do right now. There is no penalty for spending the rest of the semester learning something amazing just because you feel like it. :) On a separate note, we can talk about college/finances/next steps so that life after graduation doesn't seem quite so daunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I needed to hear! Thanks Dr. Preston ! :)

    ReplyDelete