Monday, January 27, 2014

HAFTA/WANNA

I think one of the most important things to wrap your mind around is that high school really is the beginning of the rest of your life. Unfortunately I'm just starting to realize this now. Going into your freshman year you feel like you have so much time left, you have four whole years to figure things out and decide on the person you want to be. The confusing part is during those four years. You're still such a child at the beginning of high school but at the end of those four years, which go by unbelievably quick, you're expected to be an adult. High school reflects how well you are at remaining dedicated and motivated and meeting deadlines while also balancing other aspects of your personal and social life. If you manage to do well during high school by practicing good work habits then once you enter the "real world" chances are you'll be a lot more successful than those who chose to take their four years of high school as least serious as possible. Everyone expects life after high school to be a whole new world, which it will be in some areas because we will all have to be much more independent but in a lot of ways it's really quite the same. Most of us will still be going to school to learn to get us to our intended career path and those who aren't are probably going to be going to work every day. The hardest thing is to find a balance between things you WANT to do and things you HAVE to do. Too much or not enough of either would result in going insane. I know that sometimes I struggle with procrastination and a lack of motivation but then again, who doesn't? I'm not worried about my life after high school because with the expectations that I have for myself I know that I will get where I need and want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment