Thursday, September 26, 2013

THE VALUE OF CHOICE

When reading about the expository composition course in the section assigned to my group, Life After Highschool, there was one idea that really stuck with me as helpful. I believe that it's crucial to focus on the actual point and importance of the writing task at hand rather than the format, such as how many paragraphs or pages are required. When given a require length, focus is taken off of what is important and the assignment suddenly becomes a chore to the student instead of a learning opportunity to better themselves and their reading/writing skills. You get so much more out of an assignment when all of your focus is strictly on the idea or concept. I hope by the end of this course I will have no problem sitting down and writing about an idea or topic without worrying how long I'm going to make it or how much time I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment